In this Policy, we use the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” (and other similar terms) to refer to Journey as owner of this website and who will be the data controller as prescribed in the entity’s local law (the “Data Controller”).
“Personal information” shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Identifiable natural person” is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors.
“You” and “your” (and other similar terms) to refer website visitors.
1. Your rights in relation to the data and how to exercise them
You are entitled at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence of your Personal and Confidential Information and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such data be supplemented, updated or rectified according to the provisions of local law.
You also have the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of any data that is processed in breach of the law as well as to object in all cases, on legitimate grounds, to processing of the data.
You also have a right free of charge to object on legitimate ground to the processing of your Personal and Confidential Information and to object to the processing of your Personal and Confidential Information for marketing purpose.
To exercise such rights and if you have any questions about how we collect, store and use Personal and Confidential Information, then please contact us using the details provided below:
Write to us:
In relation to the website to:
The Privacy Officer, Journey Ltd, Newtown House, Newtown Road, Henley on Thames, Oxon. RG9 2JN – or e-mail us at: info@Journey.co.uk
2. What Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following Personal and Confidential Information:
- If you are a job applicant: We may collect, store and use your contact details, copies of your job application, curriculum vitae and covering letter, as well as any references provided or obtained, for the purposes of processing your application and for general recruitment and selection purposes.
- If you are a website visitor: We may collect, store and use certain, limited information relating to your use of our website, if you have accepted the relevant cookies, for the purposes of better understanding the types of visitors who browse our website and improving our website offering. Other than information you choose to submit voluntarily to receive communications from us, the information we collect about website visitors does not enable any visitor to be individually identified, is processed only in anonymised, aggregated form, and will only be used for website analytics purposes as described in the section entitled “Website cookies” below.
We collect your Personal and Confidential Information through various means, including via our website (including our on-line job application facility), through e-mail correspondence, through direct contact (for example at marketing events).
The provision of your Personal and Confidential Information to us is optional – save for the case in which the law requires that this is provided (e.g. to enable us to comply with anti-money laundering regulation) in which case the provision of such data is mandatory and failure to provide the same may result in our inability to provide you with the services requested and subject you to administrative fines.
3. How will we use your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For contact and communication purposes: We may use your contact information and preferences to send you legal updates that we may circulate from time to time, news about any events we are organising or participating in, and/or other information about us and the services that we provide. We will only contact you in accordance with the contact preferences that you have specified. You can specify your contact preferences when registering online to receive communications from us (for example, through the Journey website) or by subsequently advising us of your contact preferences using the contact details provided above.
- For recruitment and selection purposes: If you apply for a position with Journey, we will use your Personal and Confidential Information to process your job application and for general recruitment and selection purposes. If you are successfully recruited, the Personal and Confidential Information you provide will be stored on your personnel file.
- For website analytics purposes: If you have accepted the relevant cookies, we may collect, store and use certain, limited information relating to your use of the Journey website for the purposes of better understanding the types of visitors who browse our website and improving our website offering. Other than information you choose to submit voluntarily to receive communications from Journey, the information we collect about website visitors does not enable any visitor to be individually identified, is processed only in anonymised, aggregated form, and will only be used for website analytics purposes as described in the section entitled “Website cookies” below.
The processing operations connected with your Personal Information are only handled by authorised subjects or by persons appointed for the maintenance of the website.
4. Who else may have access to your Personal and Confidential Information?
Disclosures required by law or regulation: In certain circumstances, please note that we may be required to disclose Personal and Confidential Information under applicable law or regulation, including to law enforcement agencies or in connection with proposed or actual legal proceedings.
5. International transfers of Personal Information (including to outsourced service providers)
As described above, from time to time, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to other Journey associates, who may have offices that are located in territories outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including in the USA in order to provide you with the services required.
Please note that the legal regimes of some territories outside of the EEA do not always offer the same standard of data protection as those inside the EEA, although we will ensure that your Personal Information is only ever treated in accordance with this Policy and, if you are a client, our Engagement Letter.
Where necessary we have entered into standard European Commission approved form model data protection clauses with other Journey associates who have offices that are located in territories outside of the EEA, to provide you with the service required and with our external service providers and business partners in relation to services that they may provide that involve processing data from locations outside of the EEA for which we are Data Controller. If you would like to discuss any aspect of our arrangements with external service providers please contact the person responsible for your work.
If you or others on your behalf give us any Personal Information about another person, you take full responsibility for complying with any relevant data protection laws which apply to the provision of that information to us, and our use of it as explained in this Policy.
6. How we look after your Personal Information
Personal Information may be processed by either automated or manual methods.
We have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorised or unlawful use, and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We put in place strict confidentiality agreements (including data protection obligations) with our third-party service providers.
7. Website cookies
In addition, the coding language the Journey website is written in uses session cookies. These are deleted each time you close your browser. These cookies do not store any information about the visitor once the browser is closed.
For more information about cookies, we recommend that you visit www.allaboutcookies.org
You were given the opportunity to consent to our using cookies as you entered our site (to get this far, you have already either consented or opted out of their use). If you have opted out, we only store one permanent ‘compliance’ cookie which tells us that you want to opt out of use of any other cookies.
8. Updates to this Policy
This Policy was last updated on 8th November 2017. Please note that for legal, business or operational reasons we may from time to time update this Policy. We will highlight any material changes that we make to this Policy on the Journey website.
9. Links to other websites
The Journey website may link to other, unaffiliated third-party websites. Please note that Journey is not, and cannot, control or be responsible for the content or privacy and confidentiality practices of any third-party websites. You must always carefully review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third-party website that you may visit in order to understand how the operators of that website may collect, store and use your personal and confidential information.