Time for a change?
Career opportunity – Middleweight Graphic Designer
Journey is a brand and marketing agency based in Henley on Thames and we have a very exciting opportunity for a Middleweight Graphic Designer to join our growing team on a full time basis. We are looking for someone with a passion and deep interest in all things creative and keen to reach the next level working in an exciting and fast paced business.
The ideal candidate would be bursting with enthusiasm to explore new things in the world of graphic design in a variety of sectors.
Versatility is key as you need to be flexible and able to work across multiple projects with a broad range of clients both blue chip and SMEs. Working as part of a small graphics team, you will be expected to produce project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard with guidance from our Creative Director.
Journey is a boutique agency based in Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire. We’re passionate about making our clients more successful by communicating effectively with their audience. We like to balance a fun environment with producing great work, which should translate to a good measure of laughter and occasional shenanigans along the way.
We are lucky enough to be the chosen marketing partner for a number of exciting and successful businesses across a variety of sectors and sizes and our work varies from brand development through to social media campaigns and full website design and build.
Typical workload will include:
- Creating design concepts across an array of brands and projects
- Implementing branding across all different media – digital and print
- Social media marketing
- Design of corporate literature; specifically artwork, print production and liaison
- Creating brand identities and guidelines; specifically marketing and communications materials
- Designing websites and applications for smart devices and liaison with web developers
- Creating / editing basic video and animations
Specific skills required for the role:
- Excellent idea and concept generation abilities
- Solid understanding of the design process and experience across the entire design lifecycle
- Good experience in design strategy
- Great skills in creating bespoke brands / identities
- Confidence in expressing ideas / presentation skills
- Great experience in artworking, print production techniques and print management
- Confident client liaison skills
- Actively interested in keeping up to date with trends and technology, with a love for all that’s new and innovative
- Self-starter with good time keeping
- Experience of working directly with clients and wider project teams
- Expert Apple Mac user
- Experience of MS Office
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Happy to see a project through from conception to completion
- Sketching and illustration skills useful
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a creative agency environment
- A good sense of humour is essential
Technical Skills: · Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop essential) · Additional digital skills (e.g. After Effects, Final Cut, Flash, Dreamweaver) would be an asset but not essential. · Knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3 also an asset but not essential. · Traditional typography and print skills. · Good communication skills.
- Degree or HND in Graphic Design, Branding or Design
- Professional but fun
- Open and honest
- Can work independently and as part of a team
Working in a small team, the breadth of the role will give you the opportunity to learn and develop your design skills and experience.
If this sounds like a suitable position for you, we’d love to hear what you have to offer – send us your CV.
- Business and brand positioning consultancy
- Visual identity and logo design
- Digital communications
- Print communications
- Events, environments and exhibitions
- Marketing services and production
- Video production
TWEET OR TWO
To ensure you stay in the loop and receive our news, updates and general musings hot off the press, follow us on Twitter now. We promise not to bombard you!
Three great examples of sustainability marketing
Without a clear brand strategy you will work harder for less impact, less consistency and less value. Once it is in place, however, your content will efficiently and consistently deliver on your goals and your channel activity, including social media, will all but take care of itself....
You can't polish a turd
It’s all very well getting to the ‘essence’ of your business and incorporating your ‘core values’ into your creative brief for your brand design, but beware the difference between make-believe and reality. Make sure you have done your research and not just assumed this is what’s going on....
A bold new look for Wiggin LLP
We’re delighted to announce that we have been selected to work with Wiggin LLP helping them develop their brand and online presence. We’ll be collaborating with London agency MSL and we’re very much looking forward to working with them and sharing ideas. Wiggin are a top 100 law firm specialising in media, tech and IP working with some of the top organisations in their space....